Monday, December 12, 2011

Vintage Style Christmas Cards

A couple of years ago I made some solid colored cards with a Christmas themed paper layered on top.  I didn't like these cards all that much.  As a matter of fact, I almost threw them out because I didn't think I could do much more to them to make them look better.  However, I gave them one last try this year.  I put it through the Big Shot using the "Stampin' Up!" Square Lattice Textured embossing folder and it gave the card a whole different look!  I added a sentiment, some lace or ribbon and some pearls or rhinestones to embellish it and voilà, it looks fancy and vintage.  Wow!  I really didn't think there was hope for this card, but here it is.  It also inspired other versions of it.  I used the same technique with other prints and they came it very nice, if I say so myself :)  These are also $2.00 each or 6 for $8.  Enjoy!

 













No comments:

Post a Comment